Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Waitress' bombshell claim: NYPD detective raped me in restaurant

A waitress, 36, claims gold-shielded detective took advantage of her after boozy night

A waitress says her boss gave her $200 to party with some cops, protested when one put the moves on her in a back room, and then got her underwear back the next day.

The 36-year-old woman, whose allegations prompted the NYPD to assign four cops to desk duty, thinks a veteran detective took advantage of her at the Washington Heights restaurant where she worked. But she admits she can’t remember it - because she blacked out.

“The last thing I remember is him patting the bed and telling me to sit down next to him,” said the woman whose name is being withheld by the Daily News.

“He was trying to kiss me and I was trying to ward off his advances.

“I remember trying to slide away from him, bob and weave,” she added. “He was like, ‘Come here, everything’s all right. I’m not gonna hurt you.’”

A law enforcement source said the woman told a similar account to workers at St.

Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital the following afternoon. The hospital conducted a rape kit, but the waitress said results aren’t yet available. Hospital officials notified detectives with the special victim’s unit, which then contacted the Internal Affairs Bureau.

Internal Affairs investigators have interviewed her at least five times, the waitress said. The woman also talked to the Manhattan district attorney’s office about the booze-filled drama that began on the night of Feb. 16, she said.

No one has been charged with a crime. Prosecutors and the NYPD are investigating; both declined comment.

The detective under investigation for a possible sexual assault could not be reached, but his lawyer, Phil Karasyk, said no one should pass judgment “until all of the accurate facts are brought to light.”

The waitress had been working at the restaurant for a week when the detective came in to celebrate his upcoming 49th birthday. The owner gave her cash to join the 22-year veteran and his 33rd Precinct pals for drinks, she told investigators.

“He told me this was his really good friend,” she said. “He was trying to show him a good time.”

“I should have known better than to sit down and put myself in that situation,” the woman said. “But I had no idea what was going to transpire.”

“They were drinking excessive amounts of wine,” she added. “Before I even came to the table they must have polished off two bottles.”

The waitress also started drinking, tossing back three glasses of wine and some shots, she recalled.
She said she took a picture with the married detective and texted it to him — though a source said the cop claims she showed the group X-rated pictures of herself.

“I showed him pictures of my kids,” she insisted.

Eventually, she claims, the detective coaxed her to a back room with a bed. Sources say video shows he was away from the table for about 45 minutes.

The woman says she came to about 3 a.m. She was naked and her boss was pawing her. She screamed, grabbed her clothes and fled.

She couldn’t account for the whereabouts of the cops when she woke up. Later that morning, she called the detective.

“The first thing he told me is, ‘I have something of yours I need to return to you,’ ” she said.
It was her missing underwear.

“I was confused how he had my underwear,” she said. “(He) told me we took our clothes off.”

He said they stopped short of having sex because she was incapacitated — an account he repeated when Internal Affairs investigators were listening to two later phone calls, she said.

The detective drove to her block and returned the panties in a plastic bag, handing them to her through the window of his vehicle.

“I left you in the room and I got dressed and covered you up,” he said, according to the waitress.
Later that day, she went to the hospital for a rape examination.

Police have not been able to locate the restaurant owner, sources said.
Solomon Schepps, his lawyer, said no “wrongdoing will be proven against the restaurant or anybody associated with it.”

A manager called the waitress “crazy” and a poor worker.
“She was getting fired and she’s just embarrassing herself,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment