Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2013

Drew Barrymore: 'Baby Olive will be raised in the Jewish faith'.


During an appearance on The View, Barrymore opened up about her decision to convert to Judaism and her plans to share the religion with her daughter.

"I'm a shiksa. I do the seders and we do Passover," she explained.

"I haven't converted yet, [but] Olive will be raised traditionally. We had a very traditional wedding ceremony with Rabbi Rubenstein and I did the ketubah. We wore the yamakas and we did the chuppah."

She continued: "I'm there, I love it! It's a beautiful faith and I'm so honored to be around it. It's so family-oriented... The stories are so beautiful and it's incredibly enlightening. I'm really happy."

Barrymore recently insisted that she is not ashamed of her past mistakes and plans to tell Olive about her previous struggle with drug addiction.



No comments:

Post a Comment